Your first subject

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Your first subject

Post by Alysia Greenwood on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:53 pm

The number of active members/participats is the relevant power... Afaik, alliances fill up to 500 because they get suggested to first-time players by some wildfire-driven algorythm created by DB...

Also, as I understand, only the number of contributors/warriors is relevant for AvA - and they better be good, since the costs for campbuilding are flexibly baseed on the avg. number of contributor in the last 3 AvA´s - so having 500 donors who gave 1 fish  over the whole WE is NOT what we want... Very Happy

So as I suggested yesterday in the chat, I think a good approach would be to keep us near 500 most the time (maybe at some 450 so there is some chance that new people come in - there may be an peerless black gem in the pick of fresh players... Wink )

Other than that, I would suggest to first recruit people, then cut down numbers so they can join. A jackpot would be a merger with a reasonably good alliance (just reasonable enough so that they come join us and not the other way around... Smile ) - maybe we should aim to make & impress friends in the next AvA & see what comes out of it...
Alysia Greenwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Geremy Mollen on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:27 am

Pretty reasonable!

Geremy Mollen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswell Su on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:24 am

I think we're on the right track but I'd make a couple of slight changes based on ava scoring to Alysia's plan. Pick 3 regions. Each region will match attributes ie- Westerlands would be battle therefore the 3 camps in region would be fight, harass and aid. Garrison in this region would be ss with highest battle scores. I believe 2 or 3 wardens overseeing region makes sense but would make recommendation that they be in different time zones for coverage and hand off. With a more limited scope of camps means we'll need to act fast to increase there lvls so that garrison strenghth rises so if we go along the limited path we all need to building reserves of material and cash. A couple of auxillary command positions should be created wbith sole purpose of having and calling those with extra ss as needed for reinforcements or surge. As far as membership goes numbers matter but if we can replace dead weight with approximately another 70 to 80 active players that would be ideal. Maybe absorb a few small alliances or we begin reaching out to others on the scoreboard to gauge interest. Just my 2 cents.
Oswell Su

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Westerling on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Morning all,
I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that those who don't participate might just not know how. I know that until recently I just figured some of it out and still find out how to do some stuff by accident. Maybe there can be a group that concentrates on education of new/inexperienced member to make them a better team member.

Emma Very Happy
Emma Westerling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mopatis on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi Emma , that's what I meant with the tutorial thing , I appreciate now that was a little vague so have changed it accordingly , hope it helps ! Smile
Ghost Mopatis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WulfBrigg on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:28 pm

I agree with Alysia that some condensing might be good. With a more centralized way of planning, though, the current arrangement may still be doable. I know in the last phase I had just joined up and was still learning the ropes of alliances (my last one was not super active). I plan on changing that next time around.
WulfBrigg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Fritz Pigeon on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:24 am

I made it!   falling in
Lord Fritz Pigeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Blacktyde on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:15 am

Greetings Earthlings, cheers!