Emma Westerling
Aemon Greyfeather
Xrshad Shail
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brainstorm  - Page 2 Empty Re: Brainstorm

Post by Aemon Greyfeather Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 pm

The disadventage with dmg and camp repairs can easily solved if we have one extra warden for members with aid/barter spezialication. With only 1 Warden and 3-4 members we can repair these 2 focus regions if they concentrate mostly on barter and aid our allies. So it wouldn't be a disadventage anymore.

Aemon Greyfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitchill Baran Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 am

I think the idea of one main region and one aux region is great for our current size. Thanks to all the cuts, we are lean and mean. But we are too small in number to focus on numerous upgrades in so many regions. If we build up Westerlands to level 10 camps, we can always branch out. In this AvA there has been a lot of confusion, and things change fast. If we are focused in one region, I think that will keep things simple enough that we can focus on more real time communications.
Zitchill Baran
Zitchill Baran

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitchill Baran Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 am

In battle agility is key, great communication is required and consolidation of power is vital. As we build and grow, we can use our experience of how we handle one region to spread to two or three regions. I for one want to see how high we can get if we're all focused on the same place.
Zitchill Baran
Zitchill Baran

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitchill Baran Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 am

Lastly, sorry I have been barely on the last week or two. My wife and I just had baby #7 and now I'm back!
Zitchill Baran
Zitchill Baran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xrshad Shail Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Congrats Smile
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-D Dragonsbreath Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Congratulations, Advisor Baran Smile
And, it would seem that the idea of concentrating on one region only is gaining a lot of popularity. So, let's expand on it.

CAMP UPGRADE PARAMETERS:

We're an AvA tier 3 alliance. The following links show us the materials/silver/resources required to upgrade our Battle, Intrigue, and Trade camps:
http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Camps/Battle_Camps/Tier_3
http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Camps/Trade_Camps/Tier_3
http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Camps/Intrigue_Camps/Tier_3

Those are pretty big numbers, but I have no doubt that we can make it, in time. But that's the problem: we can only make it given some time.
At the start of the AvA, we won't be able to get our camps beyond Level 3 or 4, because they require spoils after that. This would mean that we'd need time to get up to speed, and that's not a great thing.

STRATEGY:

To fix this, we should keep maximum possible spoils from the CURRENT AvA at hand. Also, use of silver for camp upgrades as well as repairs needs to be handled carefully. Therefore we have our strategy:

Step 1: STOP contributing spoils to challenges and camps.
Step 2: Be present when the next AvA kicks off, so that you can donate your share of spoils and materials.
Step 3: I'll ask our allies to send bribe actions to us right at the start of the AvA, so that we can get those camps upgraded real quick Very Happy This marks the end of what I call the "first-day rush".
Step 4:DO NOT use silver to upgrade camps after the first-day rush. Do camp upgrades by bartering with other alliances as per the Warden of Trade's commands.
Step 5:DO NOT use silver to repair camps that are damaged beyond 50%. We'll ask allies for Aid.
Also, in case camp damage is under 50%, one person will only repair upto 10% damage alone, no more than that. This way, everyone can contribute, and individuals don't lose much silver.
Step 6:The auxiliary region should NOT be upgraded beyond level 4. Once the camps reach level 4, STOP upgrading.

WARDEN SYSTEM OVERHAUL:

We're re-shuffling the Warden system from 4 Wardens to 3 - one each for Battle, Trade, and Intrigue. Each Warden will preside over one camp in the West, and one in the auxiliary region.
The regional warrior system will be dissolved. However, it doesn't make sense to assign people to battle/trade/intrigue, since most of you people specialize in battle. Therefore, unlike this time, there will be no assignment drive in the next AvA.

GARRISON GUIDE:

We cannot put all our battle/trade/intrigue SS in the single battle/trade/intrigue camp. For one, my 28 battle SS won't fit in a single camp Razz also, it's a bad defensive strategy. We're doomed if a battle wave hits our trade/intrigue camp.

Therefore, here's the garrison guide:
- Garrison your stronger half of battle SS in the battle camp, trade SS in the trade camp, and intrigue SS in the intrigue camp.
Meaning, garrison half (or less than half) of your battle/trade/intrigue SS in the respective battle/trade/intrigue camp, and this half should contain your strongest SS.
- Distribute the remaining half (or more) SS in the other two camps.

Example: Let's say you have 15 battle, 10 Trade, and 8 Intrigue SS. So, you garrison your 7 strongest battle SS in the battle camp, because 7 is less than half of 15.
Distribute the remaining 8 battle SS in the other 2 camps.
Similarly, garrison your 5 strongest trade SS in the trade camp, and 4 strongest Intrigue SS in the Intrigue camp.

Also, this time, LEAVE GARRISONS IDLE. When going offline, don't remove your garrisons. Since we're concentrating on one region only, we'll have a lot of SS in every camp, and hence, the probability of an SS dying is reduced.

I'll re-post this guide in an entirely new topic once we're close to starting the next AvA. Also, an item production guide is coming soon. Till then, please examine this and provide suggestions/modifications.
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Admin

https://wepaydebts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyLocke Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Do we convert current spoils for the next AvA? The rate is 3:1 i think, and that won't bring us much. Also let me remind you, if things stay the same, at the 1st stage, we'd need spoils from the challenges, which are different.

What's the point of 1st stage camp building anyway, btw? They all get zeroed at the start of AvA!

My opinion is, the warden system kind of failed. We are more casual players in general. Let's not put unnecessary pressure on anyone particular. When there's a warden, his/her people expect them to be around and making the decisions. And when they are not, things cool down and get forgotten. That's what happened to our South stragety.

You and Xrshad should be the only "brass", one of you guys are usually around and able to coordinate well.

LucyLocke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-D Dragonsbreath Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:05 pm

No need to convert; we'll see the status on spoils once the next cycle starts. Besides, if the current spoils are unusable, we'll donate them to challenges. That will accept any spoils at 1:1 without any conversion, so no worries there.

In the first stage, material requirements are low, there are no silver requirements. The only catch is that we need pre-AvA spoils (which are acquired from adventures).
Also, camps can only be upgraded to low levels. They're not reset to 0. Camps are reset to 0 before the first stage starts.

So, the plan is this:
Stage 1 (before AvA): Use the pre-AvA spoils obtained from adventures to upgrade camps as much as possible.
Stage 2, day 1: Use materials, silver etc. along with the old spoils from CURRENT AvA to upgrade. If old spoils can't be used, we'll give them to challenges.
Stage 2, after day 1: Stop using silver and start using barter/steal for camp upgrades.

You're not wrong about the Warden system, Advisor Lucy. It didn't work as much, mainly because of the abysmal communication system in the game. Anyways, we're improvising on that, too.
This time around, there isn't as much pressure on the Wardens. It'll be more a nominal title than a functional one. The Wardens will mainly be our spearheads in the three departments, and in charge of reporting to me, the Imperator, or each other, regarding camp upgrade/repair status.
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WulfBrigg Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm liking the direction of this a lot more than my idea (good thing I was never able to post it, I guess).
One thing I would like to point out is something that went entirely unused: tactics. The Warden tactic would have saved us a ton of grief during those later stage-2 blitzes and it went completely untapped. I didn't even bother looking at the other available tactics, but I'm sure they could have been just as useful if focused on.
I put the numbers up in the "strategy for this AvA" thread, but I'm revising them. I can top out my daily prestige limit (not including anything from the QM) in under half a day. With 60-odd active players we can power up Warden--and presumably most other single tactics--in a day and a half, well within the 3 day activation period so you can switch off who contributes. This way everyone gets resources for individual tactics and the Alliance gets a bump.
This is a new mechanic, but I would bet quite a lot it will act as that bit that either makes or breaks greatness in the next AvA.
WulfBrigg
WulfBrigg

Back to top Go down

Post by WulfBrigg Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:01 am

I'd like to reiterate my point in the previous post.
We have three tactics slots open (60k each) with no tactics active. I know this isn't a big deal since AvA is more or less over, but that's a little ridiculous.
WulfBrigg
WulfBrigg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-D Dragonsbreath Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Ah, yes, about that. We must all contribute our prestige regularly to the Commander's tactic, which I've just unlocked for contribution. As soon as AvA starts, I'll apply the Warden's tactic, and it'll be open for contribution again.

Also, once the AvA starts, we can keep contributing alternately to the Warden's and Commander's tactics. If required, we'll unlock the Cavalry's and/or Red Priest's tactics. Given our strength, it's extremely unlikely that we'll be able to keep all three tactic slots full at any instant of time, though.
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aemon Greyfeather Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Sounds great.
I would like to reincarnate after crafting the actual AvA legendary item. Is this a problem or can we always reincarnate if we want?

Aemon Greyfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay-D Dragonsbreath Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Aemon Greyfeather wrote:Sounds great.
I would like to reincarnate after crafting the actual AvA legendary item. Is this a problem or can we always reincarnate if we want?

You can, sure. Besides, that item is legendary. Make sure you're well-prepared for the reincarnation, and get back to strength as soon as possible Smile
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Jay-D Dragonsbreath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aemon Greyfeather Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Jay-D Dragonsbreath wrote:
Aemon Greyfeather wrote:Sounds great.

You can, sure. Besides, that item is legendary. Make sure you're well-prepared for the reincarnation, and get back to strength as soon as possible Smile

Ok, then i will reincarnate.
Have a lot of bread and other stuff, so think is ok as preparation Very Happy

Aemon Greyfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum