AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy?

+5
Geremy Mollen
Oswell Su
Emma Westerling
Xrshad Shail
LucyLocke
9 posters

Go down

AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy? Empty AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy?

Post by LucyLocke Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:15 am

I read the most excellent threads by Alysia but I'm confused about one thing, they are all focused on just the South. What is our general strategy here? Are we going to build/fight just in the southern regions this time? Did I miss something? Question

LucyLocke

Back to top Go down

AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy? Empty Re: AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy?

Post by Xrshad Shail Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 am

We are still strategising our best possible plan , still to be approved by General Jay DD. Here is the brief
a) we make our best camp in south
b) camp of same region will have same abilities eg All three Aid camp in The North
c) Focus on specific goals
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy? Empty Re: AvA Long Night - What is our general strategy?

Post by Xrshad Shail Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 am

Here is my suggestion for camp and action combination
The North - All 3 Aid or Barter Camp
Iron Islands - All 3 Harass Camp
Westerlands- All 3 Fight or Swindle Camp
Crownlands - All 3 Aid or Barter Camp
Stormland - All 3 Steal Camp
Dorne - All 3 Fight or Swindle Camp
Reach - All 3 Sabotage Camp
Riverland - 1 Each of Bribe,Spy and Fight

What you think about this strategy?
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Westerling Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 am

Sound good Xrshad. I have 28ss with specialties in all areas.
Emma Westerling
Emma Westerling

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswell Su Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 am

To be honest not in favor of opening all camps. Need to open at least 9 one of each attribute so spoils can be collected for challenges. Beyond that I like the idea of a warden and assistant in areas we open. We develope higher lvl camps with stronger garrisons with less property. Idea would be something along these lines-
Reach- 1fight, 1aid, 1harass
Riverlands- 1 spy, 1steal, 1sabotege
Stormlands- 1 barter, 1 swindle, 1 bribe
Dorne* all 3 fight or swindle (lean towards fight given alliance strength) maybe give this to highest lvl players to develope and run.
Oswell Su
Oswell Su

Back to top Go down

Post by Geremy Mollen Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:21 am

I'm down... But would like battle to be the focus in the Crownlands, Stormlands, and Iron Islands as that is by strength as Warden and increasingly so...

Geremy Mollen

Back to top Go down

Post by Xrshad Shail Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 pm

1. We build South as per Alysia's plan and Oswell suggestion.
2.Next we concentrate on East.Geremy agreed all battle camp in East subject to approval from General Smile
3.Oswell having split camp will harm benefit that can be derived from game dynamic.But we will build two mixed camp to test.
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitchill Baran Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 am

Shail, if we follow your plan for the types of camps, the problem would be that the regions we're assigned to might have nothing to do with our own skills. I would be in regions with only Aid, Harass and Steal. My skills are Fight and Swindle. I don't see this as an effective use of my SS.
Zitchill Baran
Zitchill Baran

Back to top Go down

Post by Alysia Greenwood Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 am

A couple of days into the AvA now, I would like to make a personal summary/analysis/observation:

First thing to be said from me, we are doing way better than in the previous AvA´s - this entry is not at all meant negatively, its just an attempt to bring topics to further discussion.

At the moment of writing, we are nearing a total of 1,5 M VP - rank 121 total.

Top 3 VP/rank by region:

1; North - 460k - rank 54
2; Riverlands - 360k - rank 37
3; Westerlands - 330k - rank 37

We are in the top 40 in 2 regions, top 100 in 3 regions (top 60 in 2/3) and below top 100 in 3 as well.

We are pretty much stuck on camp development around L6 globally (Hello Tier 4, but also due to continued widespread focus/resource cannibalization between regions)

As far as I know from chat & checks with members, we must also have spent 75%+ of silver reserves we have amassed before the AvA (75 in my case, I know of worst fates from several members... Smile ).

I think this AvA is again a great learning curve (it is for me at least) & I am looking forward to its further development, but I see several points where to connect & discuss, improve for the future.

We are currently running a multi-focus strategy, pushing several regions & shifting focus depending on actual situation. We are capable of beating our enemies in most cases/regions but overall, we are struggling to keep rank (IMO due to campbuilding deadlock).

An alternative course for the future (just one of several possible) could be: Some of our current VP go to the fact that we have a lot of 4-5 level camps producing reasonable hourly VP. But let´s say we focused on 1 region only and count down to having 1,25 M points that way - that would at the moment mean rank 13-20 in any single region, on average rank 15.

I think we should start a strategic future-planning discussion on what we want to be:

- regional/global focus (high rank/high risk/high "game of thrones" with other alliances in a region vs solid base, flexible focus/targets of opportunity)?

- debtpayers/initiators?
(specialization & way we want to make points - with low-level camps, the only way to good avg. VP is confrontation - barter with Nr.1 can bring a lot on a win, but in my experience loses 2 out of 3, so that 160-something points mean about 55 on average).

- campbuilding strategy needs to be set allready in Phase 3 previous AvA, resources must be ready way earlier, producing during AvA is too slow to keep pace with really good ones.

- I do not want to smartass around, most things are my fresh thoughts based on the prep & going of this AvA, I may also be wrong in points & thesis.

All I want is to improve (both on the player & alliance levels) & this is what comes from that corner Smile
Alysia Greenwood
Alysia Greenwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Xrshad Shail Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:56 am

We could have easily upgraded to few camp in All region to lvl 7 , remember higher the lvl higher the VPs. Suggest we stop this regional divide and have common goal plus experiment few strategy for next AvA
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aemon Greyfeather Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:58 pm

I totally agree with Alyshia and Xrshad.

In chat we discussed today that we focus on 3 camps and lock contributions for all other except lvl 1 and 2. So we minimizing the spread of ressources and lets see how far we can go with it. Thats good.

Aemon Greyfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by WulfBrigg Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 am

As much as resource production seems a problem, silver really is the bottle neck. I haven't had time to analyze events too fully yet, but I think we can maximize reward to risk next time by specializing a little more. As of writing this post, we are at last event's victory points (more or less) and 200 spots higher in overall rankings with close to two weeks to go. It's a huge improvement, but Alysia is absolutely correct that maintaining that is a constant struggle (I agree a lot has to do with camp management). It is noteworthy that we have slipped from 78 to 122 in four days or so. Still high up there, globally, but it's taking constant attention.
WulfBrigg
WulfBrigg

Back to top Go down

Post by WulfBrigg Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 am

Pertaining to strategy for THIS AvA, if all 63 participants contribute prestige to the Warden tactic we can easily have a constant defense boost for the remaining 13 days.
I don't think we'll be able to wrangle all 63, but if 50 or so people contribute this still works. With 50 people it takes just under 2 days worth each (3960). As the tactic runs for 3 days, this can be staggered a bit so individuals can run their own tactics as well. This doesn't account for any supply key bonuses, but I thought it best to only include dependable prestige sources (though it's fair to assume about 200-300 a day from supply boxes). This is pretty doable with a little planning and 15% defense isn't a thing to laugh at.
WulfBrigg
WulfBrigg

Back to top Go down

Post by Xrshad Shail Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 am

Agreed
Xrshad Shail
Xrshad Shail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down